Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Beginning

I had a good idea this morning. It involves the title of my blog. But, I'll get to that. For now, I will start at the beginning. Here we are. In Nebraska. We are a family of four right now. Me, my husband, Rob, our daughter Ava and our son, Sawyer. When Rob and I were first engaged, my Aunt brought home a little girl from China. She was beautiful and their experience was amazing. After that, we decided international adoption was something we would maybe like to look into later. We talked about it off and on throughout our engagement and our marriage. Since then, we have had our two children and have continued to keep adoption to the back burner. It was more of a "We should" idea than a plan, really. However, we went to a Christmas party this last Christmas (2007) for Rob's work and the benefit to the Christmas party was Holt International Adoption Agency. My Aunt went through Holt for the aforementioned daughter and another child two years later. There weren't any motivational speakers or anything, more just informational packets, but we both walked away ready to start the process. Now its on the front burner. We got our application from Holt a few days later and today began to fill it out. Its scary though. Now that I am fired up and ready to bring another child into our home, I'm worried that something will go wrong. Oh well, it wouldn't be a normal day if I didn't have something to worry about. We are both so thrilled to be able to get started on our process. I have had difficult pregnancies including 2 miscarriages, so I really feel like all of this has led up to this point anyway. Aside from that I am so excited for not only what we can bring to this baby's life, but what he or she will undoubtedly bring to ours.

0 comments: