Monday, December 22, 2008

Homestudy

We had our homestudy this week. Thursday was the first part and Friday was the second. We are very blessed to have a great social worker who is just really cool. She has kids almost the same ages as ours and she overlooked the few slip-ups of the tongue that we had. At the end, I asked if we were going to get a baby and she looked at me and said "Are you asking if you passed the homestudy?" and I said "Yeah". She said "yes, you will get your baby". I just started to bawl. I was very nervous up until this point that they were going to tell us that we weren't qualified or something and I am so happy to be able to tell people that we ARE adopting. A big step for us. Now onto paperwork and raising finances. Probably the more daunting task, but we will depend on God and do our best this year. Our SW said we are looking at around a year before we get our referral.

0 comments: