Saturday, November 8, 2008

Whole lotto' cakes.

This week I did cake centerpieces at an event for a really great non-profit organization named Merrymakers. They are a group that puts together shows and music performances for seniors. A friend from my daughter's preschool is one of the higher-ups at Merrymakers and she was gracious enough to give me a shot at doing this huge event. So, starting several weeks ago and culminating on Thursday Nov. 6th, I baked and decorated 43 cakes (33 normal sized cakes and 10 mini cakes). I have never, ever worked so hard in my whole life and Wednesday night I never went to bed, but on Thursday with the help of my mom and dad and husband, Rob, we delivered 43 cakes. I am still a little tired, but it was so worth it. People had such great things to say about them and we earned a good chunk of money for our adoption. As much work as it is, I do hope that God will continue to bless us with more cake orders.

0 comments: